Nutricia Product & Patient Support Programmes (including Nutricia at Home Service) Privacy Collection Statement
Nutricia Australia Pty Limited (ABN 99 076 246 752) (‘Nutricia’, ‘we‘, ‘us‘, ‘our’) respects your privacy and is committed to managing and protecting your personal and health related information in accordance with relevant legislation in Australia protecting the rights of individuals.
This Privacy Collection Statement explains how Nutricia collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information in the context of product and patient support programmes and services conducted by Nutricia, including the Nutricia at Home Service and all other Nutricia Product or Patient Support Programmes (‘Nutricia Programmes’) and how you can find out more about our privacy practices and exercise your rights under privacy legislation.
Nutricia may update the Privacy Collection Statement from time to time to ensure that we capture all relevant services and activities. You may request to review the Privacy Collection Statement at any time by visiting, contacting us on 1800 060 051, or requesting it via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collecting your personal information
We collect information about you both through interactions we have with you as well as from third parties, such as your specified healthcare professional (e.g. during your registration for a Nutricia Programme, when your healthcare professional updates your record in the Nutricia Patient Management Database – see below) and associated hospital/health facility and, where applicable, your parent, legal guardian and/or designated carer. The personal information we collect about you includes the following:
- your name and surname;
- your date of birth;
- your email address;
- your address (for the purposes of courier deliveries and correspondence);
- your contact number/s;
- your gender;
- the name and contact details of a designated carer (where applicable);
- in the case of a minor (person younger than 18 years of age), we will also collect relevant contact details about a parent or legal guardian;
- the way that you (and/or the hospital/health facility) will pay for your product orders (where applicable)
- your managing healthcare professional
- the hospital which you are associated with
- feeding route and type of regimen
If you fail to provide requested information you may not be able to fully participate in the Nutricia Programmes.
In addition, Nutricia will also collect health information about you. This may include the following:
- your feeding regimen as recommended by your healthcare professional (dietitian) or hospital/health facility;
- the name and type of product you will be utilising as part of the dietary management of your condition;
- the amount of product you will utilise per month; and
- images and data about your feeding arrangements collected by Nutricia personnel who attend your home, as reasonably necessary to provide you with appropriate care.
How we hold personal information we collect: the Nutricia Patient Management Database
If you participate in a Nutricia Programme, we will include personal information we collect about you (including your health information) in the Nutricia Patient Management Database.
The Nutricia Patient Management Database enables us to adequately support and service patients, carers and their respective healthcare professionals.
We may also hold personal information in electronic and paper files outside the Nutricia Patient Management Database.
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
Purposes of use and disclosure of your personal information
We use and disclose the information you provide about yourself for the purposes of conducting and managing the Nutricia Programme(s) in which you participate.
The personal information you provide to us may therefore be used and disclosed for the following purposes:
- to place and process orders and provide order status and order tracking and delivery information;
- to contact you regarding changes in products or services related to your Nutricia Programme(s);
- to proactively manage service requirements of equipment (if applicable);
- to proactively retrieve equipment when no longer in use;
- to assist you with the management of your health requirements and nutritional care;
- to deal with your enquiries and requests;
- to provide you with products and services;
- to assess and manage complaints, and for general customer care purposes;
- for internal business, accounting, IT and administration purposes;
- for market research purposes including questionnaires;
- for the purposes of data cleansing and segmentation;
- for a purpose to which you have consented; and/or
- as required or authorised by law or a court / tribunal order.
Please note that only de-identified information/data (data where you cannot be personally identified) will be utilised for the purposes of internal training, market research, marketing planning, analysis, profiling and statistics.
You have the right at any time to contact us to update your information or to opt out of the Nutricia at Home Service or any other Nutricia Product or Patient Support Programmes. You also have the right to deny your healthcare professional and/or hospital/health facility access to your information via the related the Nutricia Patient Management Database.
Sharing and disclosure of your personal information
Via the Nutricia Patient Management Database, your healthcare professional and/or hospital/health facility will be able to access your information held by Nutricia for the purposes of assisting with the management of your condition and nutritional care. We limit access to the personal information we hold about you in the Nutricia Patient Management Database to your specified healthcare professional, associated hospital and relevant Nutricia personnel, except where we are legally required or authorized to allow another person to access it.
We may also disclose your personal or health related information to your healthcare professional(s) and/or hospital/health facility overarching Health Care Organisation (for example the relevant State Health Authority), where it is necessary to continue with the management of your health requirements and nutritional care.
We will rely on the details of your healthcare professional and hospital/health facility being up to date and share information with that healthcare professional or hospital/health facility on that basis. If you change healthcare professional or hospital/health facility and no longer consent for your information to be shared with the recorded healthcare professional or hospital/health facility, please advise us in writing so we can update our records.
Personal information that you submit to us may also be disclosed to organisations such as agents, contractors or service providers that perform specific services or functions on our behalf (e.g. third-party warehousing and distributor partners who are responsible for courier deliveries). We limit this disclosure to the information that they need to perform the required service or function. They are only permitted to use the personal information for this specific service or function and they cannot legally disclose or use this information for any other purpose.
We will never sell your personal information to any other company. In the event of a criminal investigation or a suspected illegal activity, we may be required by law enforcement agencies to share certain personal or health related information. We may also disclose your personal information to our professional and legal advisers and our insurers as reasonably necessary for the Nutricia Programmes and to protect our interests.
Some of the persons with whom we share your personal information may be based outside Australia, including in New Zealand, Singapore, France, Ireland, United Kingdom and the Netherlands.
We will only collect your sensitive information (including health information) with your consent or where we are required, authorized or permitted to do so by relevant privacy legislation. We will only use or disclose such information in accordance with relevant privacy legislation.
Children’s personal information
A parent or guardian may contact us at any time if they have any questions or would like to make a request in relation to personal information we hold about their child. Please see the parent/guardian consent form used to register children.
How you can make requests or complaints
You can contact us at the details below:
- To change your personal details or to opt out of a Nutricia Programme in which you currently participate: please call the Nutricia at Home Customer Care team on 1800 884 367 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can advise us of your decision to opt out of a Nutricia Programme via your healthcare professional (e.g. dietitian).
- To submit a privacy query or report a concern: please call the Nutricia Clinical Care Line on 1800 060 051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Collection Notice last updated on 4 April 2019.